Where there's a place for everything (ok, maybe not EVERYTHING, but close to everything at least).

Tech & World News, Computer Stuff, Martial Arts, Sports, Music, etc. in one single place.

Welcome to the discussion hall in Expert Technology Storehouse! The name says it all. We are a storehouse storing everything from computer stuff and knowledge (expert, BTW...), to tech & world news, martial arts, sports, music...and someday useful software as well. Want to join? We welcome new members, especially experts at stuff!

Latest topics

» Compatibility Sword
Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:17 pm by Coolname007

» Adcted mu online
Mon May 09, 2011 1:15 am by Guest

» The Introduction Thread
Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:36 pm by Coolname007

» Count to one million!
Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:22 pm by Coolname007

» Funny Guy!
Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:25 pm by Coolname007

» China says police killed 12 in Urumqi rioting
Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:14 pm by fvwizard

» Arieth Mu Online
Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:46 pm by Coolname007

» MAW - Make A Website
Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:12 am by Coolname007

» AVACS LIVE CHAT free chat software for mobiles and computer
Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:19 pm by Coolname007

Welcome to the Expert Technology Storehouse discussion hall!

Coolname007
    ETS Director
    ETS Director

Post by Coolname007 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:15 pm

New visitors should make themselves at home, and of course register if you have not already done so! Wink
    Unfortunately, if you've already registered at the Command Center, you will need to register again to join the discussion hall because its a private place and your green card which permits you access to other areas of ETS is not enough to prove you're trustworthy enough to join our discussions. Stick out tongue So you must register again, here, before you are allowed to discuss stuff with other members and with the ETS Team. At least, for the moment...we hope to get that resolved soon so where one green card will be enough for the whole site. Wink
    In the meantime, we apologize for that inconvenience, and hope you will signup and offer your thoughts on stuff. Or request for help if you need any, and we'll be happy to help.
    So get your membership now, and join in all the fun! cyclops We're a very friendly community, and interested in helping you with any issue/problem you may have, or to just have a friendly chat on just about anything.

Last edited by Coolname007 on Tue May 25, 2010 4:16 pm; edited 8 times in total
    Justin
    PC Support Tech/Moderator

Re: Welcome to the Expert Technology Storehouse discussion hall!

Post by Justin on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:14 pm

Well I finally signed up. This themes nice but its still hard to see some of the buttons...

Last edited by kairozamorro on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Coolname007
    ETS Director
    ETS Director

Post by Coolname007 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:46 pm

kairozamorro wrote:Well I finally signed up. This themes nice but its still hard to see some of the buttons...
    Well, I admit it'll probably take some time getting used to (especially compared to the simple Webs.com forums), but these forums are definitely a lot more better, and have a ton of more features!

Best of all, there's plenty of smilies, too... Very Happy Smile Cool Shocked Laughing Razz cyclops pirate Stick out tongue rabbit @ alien cheers Basketball bom sunny farao lol! afro flower study scratch

And anyway, I doubt these forums are any more complicated than most boards.

Last edited by Coolname007 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Justin

Post by Justin on Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:19 am

I'm not talking about the features, just the little small buttons. Some of them the text well at least light up when you put your mouse over them so they can be read, but others don't, like the post button for example below quick reply.

Coolname007
    ETS Director
    ETS Director

Post by Coolname007 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:36 am

kairozamorro wrote:I'm not talking about the features, just the little small buttons. Some of them the text well at least light up when you put your mouse over them so they can be read, but others don't, like the post button for example below quick reply.
    True. Ok, if you're willing to stay online long enough while I try out the different themes, while you comment on each one, I may change it permanently to a different one if we can agree on a theme.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just figured out I'm able to adjust pretty much every single minute aspect of these forums. cheers And so I will be able to adjust the colors on the buttons you mentioned without changing the whole theme, I think. Very Happy

Last edited by Coolname007 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Help ETS by joining today, and contributing content! Your help is very much appreciated.

Jake Johnson - Site Admin/Owner

Founder of Expert Technology Storehouse.
    Coolname007
    ETS Director
    ETS Director

Post by Coolname007 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:21 am

Ok, how's that? I can change it to any other color you want...

Help ETS by joining today, and contributing content! Your help is very much appreciated.

Justin

Post by Justin on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:36 am

Much better, if you made the text white that would be even better. Thanks Smile

And oh yeah, I'm trying to get used to the new controls. How'd you sticky this topic? I didn't see that in the mod panel...

Coolname007
    ETS Director
    ETS Director

Post by Coolname007 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:51 am

kairozamorro wrote:Much better, if you made the text white that would be even better. Thanks Smile

And oh yeah, I'm trying to get used to the new controls. How'd you sticky this topic? I didn't see that in the mod panel...
    Hmm...it looks like the text in those buttons can not have their color changed, unfortunately. There doesn't appear to be that option. Glad to see you noticed I made you a moderator over these new forums. Smile I was about to mention it.
    I stickied the topic when I first created it (I haven't found the controls to make an already-created topic a sticky yet). If you scroll down in the new post area, you should be able to see the control (unless its not visible to moderators).

Last edited by Coolname007 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Coolname007
    ETS Director
    ETS Director

Post by Coolname007 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:04 am

Ok, so far the only way I've find out how to sticky an already-existing topic is to click the Edit button on the first post, scroll down, and select the appropriate option, i.e. make the topic a sticky, announcement, etc. I'll how to play around with the options in the Admin control panel though. I may have it set to disable moderators from making a sticky topic.

Last edited by Coolname007 on Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Coolname007
    ETS Director
    ETS Director

Post by Coolname007 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:17 am

Hey, this is cool! lol!
    I can post in a topic even though I closed it.
    See if you can do the same, Justin, without first unlocking it.
    I'm trying to find out what all moderators can do and cannot do at these forums. Just hit the button at the top of this thread, that says "CLOSED". That is what I did, and I was able to make a new reply to this topic, even though its closed.

Justin

Post by Justin on Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:30 am

Yeah I can, its a lot nicer for sure. Thanks for the heads up about stickies. To avoid permission issues when you create/change around forums in the future you should be able to create groups in the admin control panel. Its easier that way cause you can just add a group and thier access when creating a new forum rather than going through individual users to give them permission, much like you'd do on file/folder permissions in Windows/linux.

Good job with the buttons, bummer you cant change the text but at least now I can even see it bounce

Coolname007
    ETS Director
    ETS Director

Post by Coolname007 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:00 am

kairozamorro wrote:Yeah I can, its a lot nicer for sure. Thanks for the heads up about stickies. To avoid permission issues when you create/change around forums in the future you should be able to create groups in the admin control panel. Its easier that way cause you can just add a group and thier access when creating a new forum rather than going through individual users to give them permission, much like you'd do on file/folder permissions in Windows/linux.

Good job with the buttons, bummer you cant change the text but at least now I can even see it bounce
    Yeah, I've pretty much done that already. Now every person who is allowed to join the group "Moderators" will by default be able to moderate all existing forums (though I may adjust each individual's permissions anyway, based on number of posts, etc.).

Coolname007
    ETS Director
    ETS Director

Post by Coolname007 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:29 pm

Discussion moved to here.

Last edited by Coolname007 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

mikehell
    Moderating Watcher
    Moderating Watcher

Post by mikehell on Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:57 pm

ohh yep wikd stuff,
    I just mailing you the really quick earth right to left movement that i did just to get the feel of it :-)
    mind you its a really quick mock up ;-P

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:35 pm