Where there's a place for everything (ok, maybe not EVERYTHING, but close to everything at least).

Tech & World News, Computer Stuff, Martial Arts, Sports, Music, etc. in one single place.

Welcome to the discussion hall in Expert Technology Storehouse! The name says it all. We are a storehouse storing everything from computer stuff and knowledge (expert, BTW...), to tech & world news, martial arts, sports, music...and someday useful software as well. Want to join? We welcome new members, especially experts at stuff!

Latest topics

» Compatibility Sword
Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:17 pm by Coolname007

» Adcted mu online
Mon May 09, 2011 1:15 am by Guest

» The Introduction Thread
Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:36 pm by Coolname007

» Count to one million!
Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:22 pm by Coolname007

» Funny Guy!
Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:25 pm by Coolname007

» China says police killed 12 in Urumqi rioting
Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:14 pm by fvwizard

» Arieth Mu Online
Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:46 pm by Coolname007

» MAW - Make A Website
Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:12 am by Coolname007

» AVACS LIVE CHAT free chat software for mobiles and computer
Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:19 pm by Coolname007

RMPrepUSB - Bootable USB format utility

Coolname007
    ETS Director
    ETS Director

RMPrepUSB - Bootable USB format utility

Post by Coolname007 on Wed May 26, 2010 11:38 pm

Got an email today from the boot-land forums, of which I am a member.
    Told me about a utility for formatting UFDs (USB flash drives).

Here's the link:

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=7739

The utility is called RMPrepUSB, and is similar to the HP Format utility, and should be better at creating a USB flash drive that will boot on most systems successfully. I have not tried this utility myself yet, but it sounds like it could be useful, so thought I'd post it. sunny

Help ETS by joining today, and contributing content! Your help is very much appreciated.

Jake Johnson - Site Admin/Owner

Founder of Expert Technology Storehouse.
    Justin
    PC Support Tech/Moderator

Re: RMPrepUSB - Bootable USB format utility

Post by Justin on Mon May 31, 2010 3:55 pm

Indeed, I've been looking for ways to make sure my USB watch is compatible with any computer I come into contact with that needs fixing.

I've actually been aware of thier tools for awhile now. They had some of this functionality built into fbinst too but I'll look into this Smile

Coolname007
    ETS Director
    ETS Director

Post by Coolname007 on Mon May 31, 2010 9:12 pm

Justin wrote:Indeed, I've been looking for ways to make sure my USB watch is compatible with any computer I come into contact with that needs fixing.

I've actually been aware of thier tools for awhile now. They had some of this functionality built into fbinst too but I'll look into this Smile
    Hey, that's cool. Smile
    I was not aware of a watch which has a usb flash drive built-in, though I've had many different kinds of watches in the past. For example, one of the special watches I've had was able to forecast the weather and stuff. Two others were 22-channel (14 FRS and 8 GRMS channels) two-way radio watches. One of them was the same one that can be found at this link.
    I love gadgets too, but lately haven't been keeping up with the latest technology, though I probably should start to again soon.

Last edited by Coolname007 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Help ETS by joining today, and contributing content! Your help is very much appreciated.

Justin

Post by Justin on Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:36 am

Use it as my regular watch. I've got a whole bag dedicated to computer repair when I go out to work on a computer, but the watch is around for emergencies.

If you're actually interested in a USB watch in the future I'd recommend this one instead. With it the USB part is separate, where you simply place it into the watch's case when not in use. With mine its not detachable, and is a PITA because you haft to have the extension cable if you want to connect it easily, just one more thing to carry around.

Interesting watch there, never heard of walkie talkie built into a watch before. Shouldn't be surprised though. That site I linked to above have other crazy watches too, like a full media player and screen built into it. I wouldn't want to go around with that on my wrist!

Coolname007
    ETS Director
    ETS Director

Post by Coolname007 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:17 am

Justin wrote:Use it as my regular watch. I've got a whole bag dedicated to computer repair when I go out to work on a computer, but the watch is around for emergencies.

If you're actually interested in a USB watch in the future I'd recommend this one instead. With it the USB part is separate, where you simply place it into the watch's case when not in use. With mine its not detachable, and is a PITA because you haft to have the extension cable if you want to connect it easily, just one more thing to carry around.
    Nice! That's a sweet watch. And the price is pretty reasonable too. $50 ain't that bad. I was expecting to be in the $60-$70 range or something.
    I think I'll probably get that someday. Can't afford to get it now though.

Interesting watch there, never heard of walkie talkie built into a watch before. Shouldn't be surprised though. That site I linked to above have other crazy watches too, like a full media player and screen built into it. I wouldn't want to go around with that on my wrist!
    Yeah...all kinds of cool gadgets out these days. cheers
    I used to be into spy equipment and stuff (still am, actually). There are all sorts of gadgets in that field.
    Have you ever subscribed to the Eye Spy magazine before? They've got pretty cool articles and stories about real-life spies. Plus, with the subscription, they send you a spy equipment catalog which has lots of cool spy gadgets in it that you can buy. Stuff that real spies might use, such as all kinds of cameras, bugs, voice changers, phone taps, etc., etc...
    Plus, they got counter-spy stuff too.
    I love how people make one product to do something, then people make something to counter that other something (often the same people make the two conflicting products), and then so on, and so on...
    The battle of who has the best spy equipment and the best anti-spy equipment rages on. bounce

EDIT: As a matter of fact, I just looked at my own copy of the spy equipment catalog, and I see something called "X-Ray Spray". You can spray it on an envelope, and it will turn opaque paper temporarily translucent, allowing the user to view the contents of an envelope without ever opening it. Thirty seconds after the application, the envelope will return to its original state, leaving absolutely no markings, discoloration, or other indications of use. That's just one example...there are way more. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:53 am