Where there's a place for everything (ok, maybe not EVERYTHING, but close to everything at least).

Tech & World News, Computer Stuff, Martial Arts, Sports, Music, etc. in one single place.

Welcome to the discussion hall in Expert Technology Storehouse! The name says it all. We are a storehouse storing everything from computer stuff and knowledge (expert, BTW...), to tech & world news, martial arts, sports, music...and someday useful software as well. Want to join? We welcome new members, especially experts at stuff!

Latest topics

» Compatibility Sword
Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:17 pm by Coolname007

» Adcted mu online
Mon May 09, 2011 1:15 am by Guest

» The Introduction Thread
Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:36 pm by Coolname007

» Count to one million!
Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:22 pm by Coolname007

» Funny Guy!
Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:25 pm by Coolname007

» China says police killed 12 in Urumqi rioting
Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:14 pm by fvwizard

» Arieth Mu Online
Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:46 pm by Coolname007

» MAW - Make A Website
Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:12 am by Coolname007

» AVACS LIVE CHAT free chat software for mobiles and computer
Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:19 pm by Coolname007

Your favorite sport or other activity

Coolname007
    ETS Director
    ETS Director

Your favorite sport or other activity

Post by Coolname007 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:09 pm

Hey, so what's your favorite sport (that you either like to watch, or play)? guitar I like American football, and what is known as soccer in our country. I'm also of course interested in (serious) martial arts, which can't be classified as sports.

I also enjoy playing the guitar (I have a blue Ibanez electric), playing on the computer, and doing other cool stuff. Anyone want to talk about whatever you like to do?

Post about it in here!

Help ETS by joining today, and contributing content! Your help is very much appreciated.

Jake Johnson - Site Admin/Owner

Founder of Expert Technology Storehouse.
    Justin
    PC Support Tech/Moderator

Re: Your favorite sport or other activity

Post by Justin on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:32 pm

I check up on the local MLB team (D-Backs) scores, don't typically end great for us. I also used to play a sport known as Goalball. Semi-professional sport (you won't see it on TV but they've got a national competition and the winner goes to the para olympics for their country every four years) that allows individuals with disabilities to play just as well as anyone.

Coolname007
    ETS Director
    ETS Director

Post by Coolname007 on Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:28 pm

kairozamorro wrote:I check up on the local MLB team (D-Backs) scores, don't typically end great for us. I also used to play a sport known as Goalball. Semi-professional sport (you won't see it on TV but they've got a national competition and the winner goes to the para olympics for their country every four years) that allows individuals with disabilities to play just as well as anyone.
    Cool. Goalball, eh? I didn't even know what that was, I had to Google it. Brows

Pretty neat that they have a sport for blind people, though. I bet most blind people have good hearing, and so they can probably hear the ball pretty well, and judge its position with relative accuracy, since it has embedded bells in it. (Read the info on Wikipedia)

Help ETS by joining today, and contributing content! Your help is very much appreciated.

Justin

Post by Justin on Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:32 am

Yeah its pretty interesting. Got as far as playing a game against a goalball team from Mexico and lost horribly lol, so much for me making it to nationals. And its actually pretty painful having to block a goalball going 40 MPH or so when whizzed off into your direction by a veteran, with it only taking at most a second to reach you you have very little time to interpret which way to dive to block it. The pros whiz the ball of so fast sometimes you can't hardly even hear the bells in it. The games been around since WWII orginally to give injured soliders something they could play despite their disabilities. Everyone can play it though thanks to the blindfold factor. Players use nothing more than tape and rope on the court to navigate themselves into the right position.

Coolname007
    ETS Director
    ETS Director

Post by Coolname007 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:19 am

kairozamorro wrote:Yeah its pretty interesting. Got as far as playing a game against a goalball team from Mexico and lost horribly lol, so much for me making it to nationals. And its actually pretty painful having to block a goalball going 40 MPH or so when whizzed off into your direction by a veteran, with it only taking at most a second to reach you you have very little time to interpret which way to dive to block it. The pros whiz the ball of so fast sometimes you can't hardly even hear the bells in it. The games been around since WWII orginally to give injured soliders something they could play despite their disabilities. Everyone can play it though thanks to the blindfold factor. Players use nothing more than tape and rope on the court to navigate themselves into the right position.
    Neat. That's pretty cool that you got to play against Mexico. I guess their players were pretty good, huh? So what's the ball like? Is it pretty hard? If so, then yeah, I can see why that would hurt if it hit you. affraid

Justin

Post by Justin on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:38 pm

Its like a basketball (slightly bigger) with bells. Personally I think its a little harder than a basketball though. Its definetly heavier.

Coolname007
    ETS Director
    ETS Director

Post by Coolname007 on Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:10 pm

kairozamorro wrote:Its like a basketball (slightly bigger) with bells. Personally I think its a little harder than a basketball though. Its definetly heavier.
    Cool. WaBAAM! *see stars* Yea, that would hurt...

Is it made of the same material as a basketball, though?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:03 am