The ETS Discussion Hall

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where there's a place for everything (ok, maybe not EVERYTHING, but close to everything at least).

Tech & World News, Computer Stuff, Martial Arts, Sports, Music, etc. in one single place.

Welcome to the discussion hall in Expert Technology Storehouse! The name says it all. We are a storehouse storing everything from computer stuff and knowledge (expert, BTW...), to tech & world news, martial arts, sports, music...and someday useful software as well. Want to join? We welcome new members, especially experts at stuff!

Latest topics

» Compatibility Sword
EasyBCD 2.0 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:17 pm by Coolname007

» Adcted mu online
EasyBCD 2.0 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 1:15 am by Guest

» The Introduction Thread
EasyBCD 2.0 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 8:36 pm by Coolname007

» Count to one million!
EasyBCD 2.0 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 12:22 pm by Coolname007

» Funny Guy!
EasyBCD 2.0 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:25 pm by Coolname007

» China says police killed 12 in Urumqi rioting
EasyBCD 2.0 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 6:14 pm by fvwizard

» Arieth Mu Online
EasyBCD 2.0 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 2:46 pm by Coolname007

» MAW - Make A Website
EasyBCD 2.0 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 8:12 am by Coolname007

» AVACS LIVE CHAT free chat software for mobiles and computer
EasyBCD 2.0 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 2:19 pm by Coolname007

EasyBCD 2.0

Coolname007
    Coolname007
    ETS Director
    ETS Director

EasyBCD 2.0 Empty EasyBCD 2.0

Post by Coolname007 Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:22 pm

For those of you who know about the semi-famous free software by NST (Neosmart Technologies) for multibooting, EasyBCD, 2.0 is out. cheers You can download it for free at this link, provided you become a member of the forums.

Changes and updates in build 64 release:

• Full Window 7 support
    • Support for booting Win 7 on VHD images (something I've been waiting for)
    • Fixed: EasyBCD defaults to My Documents to save backups
    • EasyBCD no longer crashes when on unprivileged accounts on XP
    • EasyBCD now offers to browse for BCD when unable to automatically find one
    • Fixed: BootGrabber eats up all available disk space (this bug I have heard of from a user who posted about it on the NST forums, of which I am a member)
    • Updated internal BCD modules to Win 7

Well, I don't know about you, but I'm eager to try out this new release! The VHD feature I've been waiting for, because i'm hoping it will solve my problem with Win 7 that an earlier release of EasyBCD caused, in this first place I think. This problem that I mention occurred only after using EasyBCD to change the default boot entry in my Vista BCD, and adjusting the order of the boot entries (I did nothing else). I only changed the boot order (to put the Vista boot entry), and to make the default Vista (instead of Win 7). Now I think the reason why it ed it up is because I installed Win 7 in a VHD (virtual hard drive), instead of a normal partition like I would normally do. And obviously, booting an OS on a VHD must require some kind of special boot entry (perhaps my Vista BCD was replaced with the Win 7 one, which according to CG is a bit different than the Vista one), and since EasyBCD 2.0 Beta (I don't remember which build it was) wasn't supporting VHDs at the moment, it ed something up in the BCD when all I did was used it to adjust the boot entry list order, and changed the default entry from Win 7 to Vista. And even after I ran Startup Repair (which apparently Win 7 comes with, so I didn't need the DVD for that) 3 times, like we always suggest at the NST forums when there's a problem booting Vista or Win 7, it still didn't boot. Startup Repair said there was nothing wrong with it. And so that's that.

But I'm hoping this new release might allow me to create a new entry to boot Win 7 on the VHD that will work. I'll just have to see...whenever, that is, I can finally download stuff again (using the library computer is getting old). Wink

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 am