The ETS Discussion Hall

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where there's a place for everything (ok, maybe not EVERYTHING, but close to everything at least).

Tech & World News, Computer Stuff, Martial Arts, Sports, Music, etc. in one single place.

Welcome to the discussion hall in Expert Technology Storehouse! The name says it all. We are a storehouse storing everything from computer stuff and knowledge (expert, BTW...), to tech & world news, martial arts, sports, music...and someday useful software as well. Want to join? We welcome new members, especially experts at stuff!

Similar topics

Latest topics

» Compatibility Sword
Burning VOB, BUP, and IFO to DVD on Ubuntu EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:17 pm by Coolname007

» Adcted mu online
Burning VOB, BUP, and IFO to DVD on Ubuntu EmptyMon May 09, 2011 1:15 am by Guest

» The Introduction Thread
Burning VOB, BUP, and IFO to DVD on Ubuntu EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 8:36 pm by Coolname007

» Count to one million!
Burning VOB, BUP, and IFO to DVD on Ubuntu EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 12:22 pm by Coolname007

» Funny Guy!
Burning VOB, BUP, and IFO to DVD on Ubuntu EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:25 pm by Coolname007

» China says police killed 12 in Urumqi rioting
Burning VOB, BUP, and IFO to DVD on Ubuntu EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 6:14 pm by fvwizard

» Arieth Mu Online
Burning VOB, BUP, and IFO to DVD on Ubuntu EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 2:46 pm by Coolname007

» MAW - Make A Website
Burning VOB, BUP, and IFO to DVD on Ubuntu EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 8:12 am by Coolname007

» AVACS LIVE CHAT free chat software for mobiles and computer
Burning VOB, BUP, and IFO to DVD on Ubuntu EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 2:19 pm by Coolname007

2 posters

Burning VOB, BUP, and IFO to DVD on Ubuntu

Coolname007
    Coolname007
    ETS Director
    ETS Director

Burning VOB, BUP, and IFO to DVD on Ubuntu Empty Burning VOB, BUP, and IFO to DVD on Ubuntu

Post by Coolname007 Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:38 am

Just recently needed to burn a copy of a DVD containing some video files on Ubuntu.
    After trying to use a couple of different GUI programs such as Brasero and GnomeBaker CD/DVD writer (neither of which worked for this), I did a quick Google search and came up with this link:

http://johnbokma.com/mexit/2008/11/28/burning-vob-bup-ifo-to-dvd.html

Thought I'd post it here for future reference and in case anyone else needs to do the same thing.
    Justin
    Justin
    PC Support Tech/Moderator

Burning VOB, BUP, and IFO to DVD on Ubuntu Empty Re: Burning VOB, BUP, and IFO to DVD on Ubuntu

Post by Justin Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:00 pm

Hmm.. growisofs, interesting... so Brasero won't work even if the ISOs been generated w/ mkisofs?
    Coolname007
    Coolname007
    ETS Director
    ETS Director

Burning VOB, BUP, and IFO to DVD on Ubuntu Empty Re: Burning VOB, BUP, and IFO to DVD on Ubuntu

Post by Coolname007 Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:53 pm

Justin wrote:Hmm.. growisofs, interesting... so Brasero won't work even if the ISOs been generated w/ mkisofs?
    I don't know. I haven't tried it. But I know for sure it can't burn VOB, BUP, and IFO files to DVD with the result being a video DVD you can insert either into your computer or dvd player and play it. It can burn ISOs, but I don't know what the result would be if the ISO contained a video such as that generated by mkisofs.
    Anyway, if you go to the trouble of creating the ISO with mkisofs through the command-line, you might as well type the other command to write the .iso right away to DVD.
    I can't see the point of generating an ISO through the command-line, then using a GUI program to burn it to DVD. You might as well do both using the same method (through the command-line).
    Justin
    Justin

Post by Justin Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:21 am

I see, I was just curious. Well, ImgBurn works under *nix with Wine if you wanted to avoid the command line Smile
    Coolname007
    Coolname007
    ETS Director
    ETS Director

Post by Coolname007 Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:04 am

Justin wrote:I see, I was just curious. Well, ImgBurn works under *nix with Wine if you wanted to avoid the command line Smile
    No, I don't particularly want to avoid the command-line, but thanks for that info.
    I didn't know ImgBurn worked under Wine. That's good news.

*Reboots into Ubuntu 9.10 to install it under Wine...*
    Justin
    Justin

Post by Justin Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:03 pm

If you wanted... Smile

I'm reading a book all about the Linux command line, good stuff.
    Coolname007
    Coolname007
    ETS Director
    ETS Director

Post by Coolname007 Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:04 pm

Justin wrote:If you wanted... Smile

I'm reading a book all about the Linux command line, good stuff.
    Oh cool...
    You may want to read the Linux Complete Command reference document too:
    http://www.ets-connection.net/downloads/Linux_Complete_Command.pdf

Its something I got off the web a while back, but haven't had the time to read myself yet, but I plan to ASAP.
    Justin
    Justin

Post by Justin Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:58 am

Defiently looks detailed Smile

Actually I'm reading this site (hes got a downloadable PDF of the entire site, no need to visit everyday). It explains things with exercises and discussions, like a textbook.

Finally got around to burning a 10.04 disc... and it appears Brasero does allow you to create your own video DVDs:

Burning VOB, BUP, and IFO to DVD on Ubuntu Braser10
    Coolname007
    Coolname007
    ETS Director
    ETS Director

Post by Coolname007 Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:27 am

Justin wrote:Defiently looks detailed Smile

Actually I'm reading this site (hes got a downloadable PDF of the entire site, no need to visit everyday). It explains things with exercises and discussions, like a textbook.
    Cool. Thanks for the link.
    I downloaded it.

Finally got around to burning a 10.04 disc... and it appears Brasero does allow you to create your own video DVDs:

Burning VOB, BUP, and IFO to DVD on Ubuntu Braser10
    Have you tried burning VOB, BUP, and IFO files with it?
    I thought I already tried that in Brasero, and it didn't work, but I could be wrong...
    Justin
    Justin

Post by Justin Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:43 pm

No, that screenshots from the livecd. I haven't got around to installing Ubuntu yet.

But from google it does appear Brasero doesn't support it, nothing but bug reports. They should remove that option than. My guess is you input an actual video file which it'll burn to disc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:15 am